Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: HAND CRANKING IS COMMING BACK

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Greg Crawford's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2002
    Posts
    603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I thought that I was re-vitalizing the tradition of making films in the hand crank mode for a more organic cinematic experiences, then I read on another forum that a couple of big budget films are using some hand crank shots .

    I tell ya, they are [img]cool.gif[/img] spying on me in this town of 8,000!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Greg Crawford's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2002
    Posts
    603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    [img]redface.gif[/img] I am thinking of changing my name to Demetrios Popodopolis, and getting a chest hair transplant so I sound and look cooler than I am! [img]wink.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, if you do, don't crank the camera shirtless. [img]graemlins/shhh.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Greg Crawford's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2002
    Posts
    603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm also looking into a new lens cleaning fluid, made from gouts milk?

    { This is based on a Anti-American bias that European cinematographers are more artsy, than American [img]graemlins/rain.gif[/img] Cinematographers. }

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Mike Buckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like the handcranked look in shots in film...like the street scenes in the "Dracula" movie about 10 years ago...or the dream sequences in "From **** "...makes the films better!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •